Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, January 8, 2009

    Comedy of Errors

    Yesterday was a comedy of errors for me:

    1) Open one eye, realize it's light outside, look at clock which says 7:55. OH SHIT. R0ll over and look at Pixie, who usually is waking me up at 6:30 ON THE WEEKENDS. She just eyes me back. Damn cat.

    2) Take my shower, start getting ready for work. Put deodorant on my right pit, turn the dial on deodorant, realize there isn't any left. Okay, I'll grab my extra one I always have on hand. Um, yeah, no extra one, even after pulling out the step-stool and looking in the BACK of the closet. No deodorant. So, my right pit is fine, my left pit gets an extra shot of perfume.

    3) Get dressed, look in mirror and realize the cute new skirt is WAY too dressy for the shirt I've already ironed and have on. Great, ditch lace skirt and dig in dirty clothes for long skirt.

    4) Get to work. The boss is back today. That's when the day went from a comedy to a tragedy. He drives me nuts, and not in a good way. I also figured out that the boss from the part-time job is just about the same. I don't think I can handle that type of personality for more than 40 hours a week. . .

    5) Old boss calls at noon looking for current boss. Current boss has been off for 2 1/2 weeks and then the first day back HAS TO RUN ERRANDS for several HOURS. So, old boss tells me that the reason he left the outside firm he was working at since he retired is because he has cancer, and it's been there for years. Damn, that just really ruined the day.

    I've been needing to go to the grocery store for a while now, and I was going to try to skip it again last night, but then I realized I HAD to go, or else nobody would come near me or my stinky pits. I spend 2 hours there, just kind of wandering around. I hope all the stuff I got lasts a while.

    No comments: