Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 21, 2009

    Lovely Babies

    I just saw my "babies" flying around, literally. I'm on the top floor of an office building and my monitor backs up to a wall of windows, so I'm basically staring outside all day long (basically, I said. I do actually get some work done, on occassion). There's a green space right next to the building, so it's not unusual (to be loved by anyone) to have buzzards/vultures flying around. Ugly suckers, but fun to see. I've been watching the birds here too much. I can tell when it's a buzzard by the way it flies (they aren't too steady). But recently, we've had a pair of ravens. So beautiful, all shiny black, soaring around the hotel next door, sometimes alighting on the peaks of the building. They are SO fun to watch! It's always a pair, and they like to play, soaring, diving, flipping, it's just fun to watch. They make me happy.

    I think ravens are rather new this far south. I'm glad to see them. Maybe some actually hang around in graveyards. I've got to go get some more pictures soon!

    1 comment:

    Just Me said...

    Last summer I was driving to work and nearly wrecked because I saw a bald eagle. I drive by a state park and had no idea they lived there.

    Ugly things...